Treasures are from one of the following types:
- Event Treasure: It triggers an event and contains no Drachmae.
- Trapped Treasure: A trap is linked to it.
- Non Trapped Treasure: Neither trap, nor event is linked to it.
Treasures come from one of the following origin:
- Initially located on the map: They are not random (the same at each game) and can be Event Treasures, Trapped Treasures or (very rarely) Non Trapped Treasures.
- From the death or the Drop Gold order of a character: They are only Non Trapped Treasures.
- From Lavreion Mines at the Death of a Hero: They are always Trapped Treasures.
Each location has a maximum number of Treasures laying simultaneously, from 0 to 35 ("Lavreion Mines").
There are two cases when a Treasure must be created from the second origin:
- If a Treasure is already present at the position, the amount is added to it (If several monsters are died at the same position, one Treasure is created with all the added Drachmae).
- If no Treasure is at the position:
- If the maximum is already reached, no Treasure is added (the entire amount is lost) and the following message is displayed: "Pan Scampers by and grabs your dropped Gold faster than you can say "Folly of Midas"".
- Else, a Treasure is created, without event or trap linked to it.
The highest amount in a Treasure is 2047 Drachmae.
Used by: Death, Drop Gold, Lavreion Mines
When a character takes a Trapped Treasure, it triggers with a certain probability. It is function of the character Class Value and the amount of Drachmae contained. Higher the amount is, higher the probability is:
|Amount of Drachmae|
contained in the Treasure
|Probabilities for non|
|<= 3||0,0 %||0,0 %|
|[4; 8[||12,5 %||0,0 %|
|[8; 16[||25,0 %||12,5 %|
|[16; 32[||37,5 %||25,0 %|
|[32; 64[||50,0 %||37,5 %|
|[64; 128[||62,5 %||50,0 %|
|[128; 256[||75,0 %||62,5 %|
|[256; 512[||87,5 %||75,0 %|
|[512; 1024[||100,0 %||87,5 %|
|>= 1024||100,0 %||100,0 %|
If the Trap is triggered, a random event is chosen among:
|27,8 %||Rock||Message #28|
Damage = Random [0; 9] - Armor Value
Damage <= 0: Message #32
|27,8 %||Poison||Message #29|
Hurt: Random [1; 6]
|16,7 %||Milk||Message #27|
Vigor Value = Strength Value
|16,7 %||Cloud||Message #30|
Hurt: Random [2; 10]
|5,5 %||Disease||Message #26|
Strength Value: -2 (if >= 6)
Original Dexterity: -1 (if >= 6)
Original Speed: -1 (if >= 5)
|5,5 %||Hermes||Message #31|
Original Speed: +1
Used by: Treasure
When a player drops gold, a random amount from 1 to 26 Drachmae is lost:
- Final Amount = Max (Initial Amount - Random (1, 26), 0)
The Final Amount is added as a Treasure.