RiskyW wrote:I'm looking for complete map + sprites in order to do remakes :
- Switchblade II
- Risky Woods
- First Samurai
Or maybe, how to rip sprites & tiles in emulator ? (tuto ?)
This is not an easy task.
For Gods, you can use the Map Viewer i wrote (see the Gods section on the website). It uses original data.
The sprites are extracted at runtime in a subfolder: first run the viewer, browse every map, then look at a subfolder in the same location as the viewer.
If it does not exactly fit your need, you can still edit the sources and recompile the program (sources are with the binaries). You will need C# knowledge for this.
I haven't worked on the 3 other games.
On EAB (English Amiga Board), Qube did a first draft of a First Samurai viewer some years ago. Look at my Gods viewer thread here:http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=777156&postcount=44
You can ask him the source.
Ripping game data (map, sprites, ...) is not really easy.
There are mainly two methods:
A) Don't reverse engineer anything, use gfxrip and screenshots:
- no programming skill needed (asm, ...)
- no game data file used -> maps and sprites are not perfect (sprites are ripped and maps are "guessed"). Be aware some games use the same sprites with different palettes, even in realtime.
- some hidden parts may be missing using this method.
B) RE the game:
- maps and sprites match exactly the original data
- good knowledge of RE softwares, debugger and asm needed
Usually, people go for A) using gfxrip (google for it and for some tutorials). Then they play each map guessing original map datas.
You may find some sprite rips at EAB too, or make a request at the project.Sprites project:http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=64
Risky Woods: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=20798
I don't have much time to RE Switchblade II, Risky Woods and First Samurai even if i like them.