Sensible Soccer

Talk about everything related to general reverse engineering of computer games!

Moderator: Kroah

Sensible Soccer

Postby asconero » 24 Apr 2014, 10:46

Hi Kroah,

First of all, I'd like to thank you for your great work ! As a C# developer, I find it very interesting.

When I was a child, I spent hours (days? :) ) playing Sensible Soccer (and Sensible World Of Soccer).
It has always been a dream of mine to bring this game back to life.

Have you ever tried to decompile it ?
asconero

Re: Sensible Soccer

Postby Kroah » 27 Jun 2014, 22:04

Welcome Asconero,

Sorry for this late reply and thank you for your kind words.

I spent hours too playing Sensible World of Soccer on Amiga :).

I have a work in progress of both Sensible Soccer International Edition on Atari ST and SWOS on Amiga.
Unfortunately, the debugger of the WinUAE (Amiga emulator) is not user friendly at all. Something done in 5mn with the Atari ST emulator takes me 20mn on Amiga (at least). On top of that, it's very unstable (Toni Wilen, you did a great job, but i really can't use it for a long term decompilation).

And i stopped working on the Atari version, because:
- the last version of SS is the international one, and does not include any team management like SWOS (It remains only the gameplay which is slightly different from SWOS).
- most (most (all ?)) people plays SWOS today. And the whole active community (cheers !) is on it too (and the DOS version).

If, like Speedball 2, both versions were the same, i would have done a full decompilation... But as is, i'm not really motivated.
Kroah
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion