Thank you

Talk about everything related to general reverse engineering of computer games!

Moderator: Kroah

Thank you

Postby kundelstein » 19 May 2016, 20:46

Just wanted to say thank you for all your disassemblies. I had wonderful time reading about how you did all of them.
I wish my skills in this field were better - I'm a programmer but I never could get into mysterious world of disassembling games.
Understanding some smaller piece of asm is something I could do, but dumping memory (probably some chunks),
then keeping track of what is going on there is too much for me.

My personal favorite is Chaos Engine and Magic Pockets (I even own CE 3 times - box + gog + steam, MP only box). Too bad there is no more Magic Pockets info, though!

I hope you will get back to your page and I will have a chance to see something more!
kundelstein

Re: Thank you

Postby Kroah » 31 May 2016, 10:51

Hello kundelstein !

Thanks for your kind words, i'm very glad you liked reading all the infos on those games.
This is exactly why i put online my disassembly works, to share this moment with everyone when discovering more on our so beloved games.

kundelstein wrote:Too bad there is no more Magic Pockets info, though!

Which "info" do you mean ?

kundelstein wrote:I hope you will get back to your page and I will have a chance to see something more!

I have more games not actually online, like Little Computer People (AI), Dragonriders of Pern (AI), Legend of Faerghail (map viewer), etc. but my time is running out !

Cheers,
Kroah
Kroah
Site Admin

Re: Thank you

Postby kundelstein » 11 Jun 2016, 00:33

Kroah wrote:Hello kundelstein !

Thanks for your kind words, i'm very glad you liked reading all the infos on those games.
This is exactly why i put online my disassembly works, to share this moment with everyone when discovering more on our so beloved games.

kundelstein wrote:Too bad there is no more Magic Pockets info, though!

Which "info" do you mean ?

kundelstein wrote:I hope you will get back to your page and I will have a chance to see something more!

I have more games not actually online, like Little Computer People (AI), Dragonriders of Pern (AI), Legend of Faerghail (map viewer), etc. but my time is running out !

Cheers,
Kroah

It would be great if one day you'd have a chance to upload all those games. But I actually get it, I only now got time to check this forum, life just gets in the way.

As for Magic Pockets - the hard coded enemy routines, player control and physics with collisions. Those are most interesting!
kundelstein

Return to General Discussion