Mule Conversion

Talk about everything related to general reverse engineering of computer games!

Moderator: Kroah

Mule Conversion

Postby parkerdc » 05 Aug 2009, 22:52

Does anyone have Mule code they converted to java, c, c++ or c# they want to share? I am working on converting it, but it is taking a tonne of time.

Any parts or help would be appreciated by my wife :) She has not seen me for the last 3 weeks.

zulu (at) zuluhotel (dot) com
parkerdc

Re: Mule Conversion

Postby Kroah » 06 Aug 2009, 11:59

Welcome parkerdc,

I haven't worked on a MULE remake myself. But i know some members did. Hope they could help you.

Best luck with your project!
Kroah
Site Admin

Postby parkerdc » 07 Aug 2009, 06:38

Thanks.
parkerdc

Postby LionsPhil » 10 Aug 2009, 01:07

I'm working on a portable, modular C++ clean-room MULE based on Kroah's excellent work. It's UI-abstract, and there's currently an SDL frontend which compiles for Win32 (9x or NT), Linux, and OS X (I'm trying to make sure it'll be fairly easy to port to the Wii too, which would be the natural home for MULE in this day and age were it not for the horrors of homebrew crackery). I'm planning to open-source it, but I'm afraid it's not yet complete enough for other people to collaborate on, and I've got a PhD to finish first.

There are a lot of incomplete hobby MULE remakes out there, but annoyingly few are open source using open tools. Standard disclaimer regarding "done when it's done, if it's done", etc., but I'd like to think that I could establish a strong enough foundation that the disparate re-MULE efforts might condense around it. ;) At the very least I can hope that should life intervene and I have to add mine to this unfinished pile, it's possible for someone else to pick up from there.

Kroah: I see there's been a news update saying "reverse engineering fully translated", but the version in the sidebar (http://bringerp.free.fr/RE/Mule/news.php5) appears to be in half-English, half-French?

Edit: Oh, lost it (http://bringerp.free.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?p=394#p394)? Dang. :|
LionsPhil

Postby Kroah » 10 Aug 2009, 09:44

Welcome LionsPhil,

Nice to see there are several MULE remakes on the way.

About incomplete mule remakes, IMHO, i think the successful ones are the remakes with small goals which grow with successive releases. Remaining one often finish in the "vapourwares" category because of the too much effort to bring as a single developer.

For my Colonial Conquest Remakes, even if it took almost 3 years, i've added a feature for each release. Some people were kind enough to give me great feedbacks. Now i'm ready to release it, and i'll try to add as much features as i can, even it will take several years again.

Concerning MULE, the section is currently offline until i finish the translation (and it will be done after Colonial Conquest).

All the best for your remake!
Kroah
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion