keyboard/mouse remapping problem

Talk about everything related to CoCoNet or Colonial Conquest!

Moderator: Kroah

keyboard/mouse remapping problem

Postby dizt3mp3r » 23 Nov 2011, 13:04

I don't know if this is a new bug but it is happening regularly to my Windows XP SP3 machine. I believe it only occurs when in full screen mode but I cannot confirm this 100%.

When I finish and close the game, after looking at the stats &c and then exit, I often find that the mouse/keyboard settings within Windows are all incorrect. Clicking on an icon on the windows desktop will cause the right click options to come up as if the mouse settings have been transposed. Also the keyboard appears to have been largely disabled/remapped as when I try to open an email or similar and type in the text area, nothing appears or perhaps some gibberish from certain keys.

It feels as if the virtual keyboard and mouse mapping from Coconet has somehow 'stuck'.
dizt3mp3r

Re: keyboard/mouse remapping problem

Postby Kroah » 27 Nov 2011, 03:27

Yes, something breaks the key event queue. So windows thinks you still have shift pressed (for example).
When this happens, i press shift/ctrl/.../click/ simultaneously.

Actually i don't know what triggers this. I have some hints, but i can't reproduce the bug on demand, making the it very hard to debug and fix.
If someone knows how to make it happens, i could investigate.

Thanks for the report.
Kroah
Site Admin

Postby dizt3mp3r » 25 Jun 2012, 23:53

I can confirm that it only happens when I have played the game in full screen mode. I have not used full screen for a while now and the problem has not reoccurred.
dizt3mp3r

Postby Kroah » 26 Jun 2012, 14:53

I have updated the keyboard handler.

Let me know if it happens again with the next release (v1.0.0).
Kroah
Site Admin

Postby Christine » 26 Jun 2012, 17:45

Oh and there is another bug: I have 2 screens and for some reasons I can only scroll with the right-button.
The next is: Sometimes I cant click to countrys on the edge of the screen. I looks like the same problem: an mouse problem in multimonitor systems.

But I cant give you other any better reports at the moment... the unreal tournament update programm has burned my windows OS.. I cant start it any longer. Ill can give you more informations when Ill find some time to reinstall it. ....looks like atari has got some programmers in an temporary employmend. GRRR!!!
Christine

Postby Christine » 28 Jun 2012, 13:38

After reinstalling windows, the problem is nearly gone. Maybe it was something other.... But you can write a function to "grab the mouse" like it is in directX games, so i can scroll with the mouse ion the side of the screen instead of using the right buttom. A little button "grab/ungrab mouse" would be fine.
Christine

Return to CoCoNet Discussion