Alternative for right-mouse-drag?

Talk about everything related to CoCoNet or Colonial Conquest!

Moderator: Kroah

Alternative for right-mouse-drag?

Postby CivLord » 26 Dec 2011, 15:40

I guess my story is a variation on everybody else's.
I got hooked on CoCo on an Atari ST from a (inapropriate) friend. Got some extra CoCo time on a borrowed ST that had to be returned much to early.
After a long time without CoCo, I discovered Steem, which alowed me to play it on my PC.

About six months ago I was pointed to the holy grail of CoCo: CoCoNet!
CoCoNet has some much needed improvements in showing information and movement dialogues, but keeps the gameplay of the original! Marvelous job Kroah!
The network play-ability is also perfect. I have used it a few times with my brother, who got hooked on CoCo by me. :)

I haven't found an Android version of CoCo yet.
A nice alternative could be a remote connection between my Android tablet and my PC, so I Could play CoCoNet on my PC, by remote internet connection on my tablet. That remote connection works like a charm, but CoCoNet is not playable for lack of support of the 'right-mouse-drag' by the remote connection software on the tablet!

Has anybody an alternative way to drag the map across the screen? I can use left-mouse-click, left-mouse-drag, right-mouse-click and any number of special keys.
It would be nice to be able to re-map right-mouse-drag to left-mouse-drag, because left-mouse-drag is not used in CoCoNet.

Who can help a CoCo-junky get his fix when away from his PC?
CivLord

Re: Alternative for right-mouse-drag?

Postby Kroah » 07 Jan 2012, 00:06

Welcome CivLord,

I'm glad you like CoCoNet.

Your point about right-mouse-drag is valid and i agree we could add something to make it playable on a tablet PC.
I will try to see if i can add left-mouse-dragging in the next version.

Can you tell me if you have right-click support on tablet PC at all? (CoCoNet uses right mouse click to speed up the move of army/navy)
Kroah
Site Admin

Postby CivLord » 07 Jan 2012, 11:05

Hello Kroah,

Yes, the remote-controll software I use to controll my PC with my Android tablet supports right-mouse-click.
It blew my mind when I was able to set up a game on my PC, using the remote-control on my tablet. (It nearly blew my mind in a completely differend way when I discovered I couldn't move the map. :) )

To be able to remotely controll my PC with my tablet when I need some stuff on my PC when I'm away from home is nice. To be able to play CoCoNet on a tablet on my couch with my PC in the other room, would be way cool! (Granted, a native Android version of CoCoNet would also do the trick. But that would be a whole other project.)
CivLord

Postby Kroah » 05 Jan 2020, 21:42

To anyone interested in this feature, since v1.0.0 (2012-06-27), you can enable the "Left button only" option in the "Settings" ingame menu to move the map without the right mouse button.
Kroah
Site Admin

Postby dizt3mp3r » 01 Feb 2020, 18:55

Good to hear from you Kroah. Been a long time. Can you please have a look at the other open threads with unanswered questions? We still use your creation! :D
dizt3mp3r

Return to CoCoNet Discussion