Message Logging has been turned on.

Talk about everything related to CoCoNet or Colonial Conquest!

Moderator: Kroah

Message Logging has been turned on.

Postby dizt3mp3r » 22 Apr 2012, 02:06

Hi there, since my last reboot, coconet runs then immediately dies with no error message. The process runs and I can sometimes start a new game but after an indeterminate amount of time (always very short) it immediately dies. Since the reboot it seems as if something is detecting coconet.exe as a threat and is killing it as quickly as it can. Windows may have had a recent auto update which may have changed something.

It is not my a/v tools as I have tried running without them.

in the event log application log I see the following message each time coconet.exe is run:

Message Logging has been turned on. Sensitive information may be logged in the clear, even if it was encrypted on the wire: for example, message bodies.
Process Name: CoCoNet
Process ID: 2796

This appears to refer to a .NET problem.

I have tried reinstalling coconet to no avail. Strange.
dizt3mp3r

Re: Message Logging has been turned on.

Postby dizt3mp3r » 22 Apr 2012, 19:41

I manually forced another windows update, I noticed that there were .NET changes made and after the next reboot the problem just went away...
dizt3mp3r

Re: Message Logging has been turned on.

Postby Kroah » 23 Apr 2012, 02:23

dizt3mp3r wrote:I manually forced another windows update, I noticed that there were .NET changes made and after the next reboot the problem just went away...

Thank you for let us know this problem and how to solve it, other users may have the same behaviour.
Sometimes .Net (and Java) have strange updates.
Kroah
Site Admin

Return to CoCoNet Discussion