1.0.0 curiositys / bugs

Talk about everything related to CoCoNet or Colonial Conquest!

Moderator: Kroah

1.0.0 curiositys / bugs

Postby Christine » 29 Jun 2012, 00:33

hi!

first of all: great work! The custom map is nice to play and the mapeditor is easy to understand.
But there are 2 things ...
1) is there a speicial reason why you switched the positions of "move army" and "move navy" in the menu? Its really unusal to me. ;)
2) instead of 0.9.14 you cant see the stregths AND the worths of the countrys. You must choose now wich one you want to see. I dont see a logical reason for that. Maybe its just a bug?

and this is really a bug:
Sometimes the program crashes while trying to start a game. It happens then you start a saved game and click the "host" button. But it only happens then Im really fast clicking my way through the interface. The bug is absolutley reproduceable:
If Im to fast for the interface, it crashes. If I let the interface 1 or 2 secounds, its stable.
Attachments
CoCoNet Exceptions.log
(19.26 KiB) Downloaded 309 times
Christine

Re: 1.0.0 curiositys / bugs

Postby Kroah » 29 Jun 2012, 02:16

Christine wrote:first of all: great work! The custom map is nice to play and the map editor is easy to understand.
Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

Christine wrote:1) is there a special reason why you switched the positions of "move army" and "move navy" in the menu? Its really unusual to me. ;)
I will reply to this question in this other dedicated thread : swapped army/navy moves

Christine wrote:2) instead of 0.9.14 you cant see the strength AND the worths of the countries. You must choose now which one you want to see. I don't see a logical reason for that. Maybe its just a bug?
No, it's not a bug. We did it intentionally because we thought it was easier to swap between the different display options.
Let's get additional feedback about this, it may change in the future.

Christine wrote:Sometimes the program crashes while trying to start a game. It happens then you start a saved game and click the "host" button. But it only happens then Im really fast clicking my way through the interface. The bug is absolutely reproducible:
If I'm to fast for the interface, it crashes. If I let the interface 1 or 2 second, its stable.
You are right, i'll fix that.

Thank you for your feedback!
Kroah
Site Admin

Postby cr1x » 29 Jun 2012, 14:41

Unfortunately I only had time for a quick look last night but I am already planning on having a much longer session this weekend. Great job. :D

At this point I only have a couple of questions:

1. At present, the only way I seem to be able to scroll around the map is by using the mouse grab and slide method. Should the map scroll when the cursor is near the edge of the screen?

2. In some instances, the transparent box that represents a neutral nation appears invisible, I believe this is because of the colour background used for some countries (South Africa was one of them) Is this just one of those things I will have to live with?

Loved the new map but I think I will have to wait for the official instruction guide before I jump in and experiment with a map of my own.

Anyway, thank you for all your hard work, it has really paid off. :D :D :D :D
cr1x

Re: 1.0.0 curiosities/bugs

Postby cr1x » 02 Jul 2012, 11:21

For information: I have discovered a solution to the problem with the screen not auto scrolling when the cursor is at the screen edge. Although the alternative mouse grab and slide is useful at times the game was not the same without the auto scrolling.

I am not sure if I was the only one having this problem but if you need to know how to resolve it, then just ask.

Cheers
cr1x

Postby Kroah » 02 Jul 2012, 22:05

You can use the auto scrolling feature if you are in fullscreen.

While windowed, an application should not capture the mouse.

You can still expose your idea about auto scrolling, it could be interesting.
Kroah
Site Admin

Postby Christine » 06 Jul 2012, 13:21

In the window that telling us that somebody have won the game, there is a missing space betwen the countrys name and the string "is the winner".
It looks like: "russiais the winner"

Its totaly insignificant, but easy to fix. ;)
Christine

Postby Kroah » 12 Jul 2012, 16:11

Christine wrote:In the window that telling us that somebody have won the game, there is a missing space betwen the countrys name and the string "is the winner".
It looks like: "russiais the winner"

Its totaly insignificant, but easy to fix. ;)

Thank you, it's fixed.
Kroah
Site Admin

Return to CoCoNet Discussion