1.0.0 suggestions

Talk about everything related to CoCoNet or Colonial Conquest!

Moderator: Kroah

1.0.0 suggestions

Postby Christine » 06 Jul 2012, 11:18

After adding some majors to my scenario, if found out that the statistics came a bit unclear. The mainproblem is that it is not clearly which power has which colour. So I suggest to write their names and the flag in the baulk statistic.

Especially then more scenarios are made, you can not clearly determine their names by colour.
Christine

Re: 1.0.0 suggestions

Postby Christine » 06 Jul 2012, 15:06

It can be hard for russia (or the ottomans in my scenario) to conquer some provinces. I think this is caused by the new battle system and the way the army flees. My idea is:
add an option for "fight to death" like it is already where for ""force orders".
It could be used for attacking some islands (and lowering the opponents army for the enxt attack). In my case, I sometimes have to attack more then 3 times with 350.000 man while the opponents army is around 50.000 men.

The factors in this case are:
army at/def, navy att/def, costs army/navy
Ottomans_4/3_____3/3____3/6
Spain ____2/2_____2/1____4/5

the attacked terrain type in this example is 1, an island (iceland) from turkey/asia.

I would add "fight to death" only for neval attackes because it may be that the navys surrender or have to flee while the army's still landed. It should be more realistic then to see an humans deciding to fight until death instead of fleeing to the neighbour province.
Christine

Postby Kroah » 12 Jul 2012, 16:23

Christine wrote:It can be hard for russia (or the ottomans in my scenario) to conquer some provinces. I think this is caused by the new battle system and the way the army flees.

The "new battle system" lowers the retreat factor. So in your case, it helps you to fight longer, in comparaison to old battle system where you retreat way sooner.

Adding an option to force the navy to attack (instead of retreating) would be a new rule which will alter the gameplay (more than just lowering the retreat factor).
Kroah
Site Admin

Postby Christine » 15 Jul 2012, 14:43

and just an idea for the implemantion of the "send all navys to *this* location":
add a button looking as a boat on the "movement phase"-bar (or on the top of the menu, but not as an pulldown).
If clicked, the navy goes to the next country you click.

And to extend it:
at spring could a "fortification button" appear. Function: first click the button, than left click the countrys you want to fortify.
In this case your money could be displaed too in the "movement-phase"-bar.

If you implement my ideas coconet's look and feel will be different from the original col conq. But like your new movement system it will be a bit better and faster to use (btw... while playing my first whole game with the new movement system, ... wow, i love it! A really fast and nice interface)
Christine

Postby Christine » 15 Jul 2012, 15:09

and theres a thing with the ai you can always bet on:
if you have >999 points, the AI will attack you.

maybe you can change this to:
(player_points/10)(-rand(0,30)) = percentage that the AI will attack you if you are the greatest.
if min 70% of the score of the greatest:
(((player_points/10)(-rand(0,30)))-rand(0,50)+rand(0,15))

If not the greatest:
(((player_points/10)(-rand(0,30)))-rand(0,50)+rand(0,3)) = a really little chance that the AI will attack you at the gamestart
or something...

its just a little idea cause I'm counting on that (that the AI wont attack me before I reach the 1000 points mark), so ists easy for me to win every game.
Christine

Return to CoCoNet Discussion