japz wrote:host - save name: save2.ccn - file found in the main directory
guest- save name: japanallemagne.ccn - file found in the virtual store
japz wrote:[...] but the guest's coconet app shuts down when he tries to join in ! .... and if he tries to host a game based on his save, then he gets the previous checksum error message
You should have the CoCoNet saves in the "CoCoNet\Saves" folder.
Neither in the main directory (should be in the "Saves" subfolder), nor in the "virtual store" (what is this folder ?).
1) You mean that if the guest try to host the game with its save, he gets the checksum error without any client connected ?
3) Can you confirm your error message is "Incorrect checksum for map.png, flags.png, special.png" without "map.xml" ?
If this is the case, this means the bitmaps aren't created correctly (hardware cap) on one machine.
3) Can you give me some specs of both machines (OS, service pack...) ?
japz wrote:exactly. when he tries to host :he gets the message as soon as he tries to load the saved game so can't even host a game.
when he tries to join a saved game hosted coconet load a couple of stuff then disapears !
japz wrote:whoever. i mean it does the exact same thing on both machines.
FYI, if CoCoNet is installed totally or partially in the VirtualStore, it will not work properly.
You said you have fixed this:
- Have you uninstalled and reinstalled CoCoNet with admin rights to fix this ? (copying folder is not enough)
- Check there isn't a new CoCoNet folder in the VirtualStore after having reinstalled CoCoNet with admin rights.
- Check if the bug still occurs.
Thank you in advance
but if original game was hosted by machine B
When machine B hosts, machine A can't join ("when he (machine A) tries to join a saved game hosted coconet load a couple of stuff then disapears").
When machine A hosts, it crashs ("when he (machine A) tries to host :he gets the message as soon as he tries to load the saved game so can't even host a game").
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest