crash in network game

Talk about everything related to CoCoNet or Colonial Conquest!

Moderator: Kroah

crash in network game

Postby mael15 » 07 Oct 2017, 15:36

hi,
unfortunately i encounter a crash in a local network game after some minutes of gameplay.
systems:
Conny: Windows 8.1 Standard with all updates (crashes here)
Martin: Windows 10 Pro with all updates
it makes no difference who is the server and the client.
hope you can fix this, we would love to play! i would be happy to add any kind of information, just ask.

ps: when trying to upload the file autosave.ccn, i get the error message "The extension ccn is not allowed." ;)
Attachments
cocoError1.jpg
cocoError1.jpg (278.67 KiB) Viewed 4606 times
CoCoNet - Client (Conny) - GraphicsAdapter.log
(10.34 KiB) Downloaded 415 times
CoCoNet Exceptions.log
(1.51 KiB) Downloaded 373 times
AutoSave.zip
notice that this file is last changed over one year ago, maybe file access is the problem?
(42.38 KiB) Downloaded 361 times
mael15

Re: crash in network game

Postby Kroah » 03 Dec 2017, 23:41

Thanks for reporting the issue.

I'll try to find a moment to investigate.

I know the game crashes when exiting the screen saver because the graphic device can't be created back (forgot to implement this).

Do you remember having your screen saver running just before the crash ?
Kroah
Site Admin

Postby mael15 » 05 Dec 2017, 12:25

thank you for you answer!
it is very unlikely that the screen saver has something to do with this crash, because it happens while playing.

ps: i do not get notifications for new posts for my subscriptions. maybe it is a problem with my user account? "notify me when a reply is posted" is activated in this post, in my user control panel everything seems to be set up ok. if it is a general problem, fixing it would improve dialogs in this forum a lot! ;)
mael15

Postby Kroah » 05 Dec 2017, 20:36

mael15 wrote:it is very unlikely that the screen saver has something to do with this crash, because it happens while playing.

Ok, i'll check if it crashes on my side.

mael15 wrote:ps: i do not get notifications for new posts for my subscriptions. maybe it is a problem with my user account? "notify me when a reply is posted" is activated in this post, in my user control panel everything seems to be set up ok. if it is a general problem, fixing it would improve dialogs in this forum a lot! ;)

Hosting, MySQL, PHP, emails and other services are offered for free by my ISP.
Unfortunately, there are some known issues about emails, and sometimes the database.
I agree notifications are essential on forums (i don't receive them either), but migrating to another provider is not an easy task... :(
Kroah
Site Admin

Postby mael15 » 13 Mar 2018, 16:10

hey, any luck locating the problem? i would really love to play a network game again. :)
mael15

Postby Kroah » 02 Nov 2020, 20:37

mael15 wrote:hey, any luck locating the problem? i would really love to play a network game again. :)

Hi mael,

I recently released a new version of CoCoNet (1.2.1) which should handle correctly the DeviceLostException exception.

I can't reproduce it easily without triggering it manually via the microsoft graphic tool application (using the command line "dxcap -forcetdr").

If you still play it sometimes, let me know if it works for you :) .
Kroah
Site Admin

Postby mael15 » 05 Dec 2020, 22:44

wonderful surprise, thank you! i will start playing it again and keep you posted. :))
mael15

Postby mael15 » 09 Dec 2020, 00:01

Kroah wrote:
mael15 wrote:hey, any luck locating the problem? i would really love to play a network game again. :)

Hi mael,

I recently released a new version of CoCoNet (1.2.1) which should handle correctly the DeviceLostException exception.

I can't reproduce it easily without triggering it manually via the microsoft graphic tool application (using the command line "dxcap -forcetdr").

If you still play it sometimes, let me know if it works for you :) .

in the title bar of the "host a game" window it sais "[Debug][Admin]", is that intentional?
mael15

Postby Kroah » 09 Dec 2020, 00:19

mael15 wrote:in the title bar of the "host a game" window it sais "[Debug][Admin]", is that intentional?

Yes, i release the game with debug symbol to provide useful information if it crashes, so the "Debug".
"Admin" means you are the host and have admin rights to setup the game.
Kroah
Site Admin

Postby mael15 » 13 Dec 2020, 17:30

okay, so the game ran fine for 5h with 3 players in a local network. i crashed when a non host player wanted to spy on the last territory of the last remaining computer player (northern england). this is the debug out, let me know if you need game files or more info. since this forum does not send email notifications on replies, you can reach me faster via froese@gemini-sites.de

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Sep8T_ ... sp=sharing
mael15

Postby mael15 » 14 Mar 2021, 18:46

i had another error on a network client pc, could not be reproduced unfortunately.
[attachment=1]cocoErr.jpg[/attachment]
the incident in the logs file occured at 23:03 on march 13th, we could continue to play after restarting the game. the player suspects it happened when he saw the "do you really want to finish your move" window and clicked beside it to not finish the move yet.
Attachments
cocoErr.jpg
cocoErr.jpg (61.08 KiB) Viewed 2150 times
2021-03-14 Logs Coconet.zip
(42.02 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
mael15

Return to CoCoNet Discussion