[Bug] Game over event

Talk about everything related to CoCoNet or Colonial Conquest!

Moderator: Kroah

[Bug] Game over event

Postby Kroah » 21 Mar 2008, 01:02

Symoon wrote:I finished a complete game yesterday, and there might be a a few small strange things in the ending of a game.
Once I conquered the last territory, nothing happened . I then asked a statistic window, and when I pressed "OK", then I heared the small winning music. Also, no "England is the winner" message box (IIRC, there was such a message on the ST version).

So, I wanted to try again and began a game with only neutral countries (yes, that's cheating) - surprise again: when the game began, I directly heared the winning music (and still no winning dialog box), without doing any move ! I don't know if it's the normal way to end, but I remember on the ST, when I began such games, that I did have to conquer all the territories before winning.
Last edited by Kroah on 25 Mar 2008, 02:15, edited 1 time in total.
Kroah
Site Admin

Re: [Bug] Winning event

Postby Kroah » 21 Mar 2008, 01:07

Symoon wrote:I finished a complete game yesterday, and there might be a a few small strange things in the ending of a game.
Once I conquered the last territory, nothing happened . I then asked a statistic window, and when I pressed "OK", then I heared the small winning music.

I'll check this, thank you.

Symoon wrote:Also, no "England is the winner" message box (IIRC, there was such a message on the ST version).

On the todo list! :)

Symoon wrote:So, I wanted to try again and began a game with only neutral countries (yes, that's cheating) - surprise again: when the game began, I directly heared the winning music (and still no winning dialog box), without doing any move ! I don't know if it's the normal way to end, but I remember on the ST, when I began such games, that I did have to conquer all the territories before winning.

You're right, but i think it's better to stop the game when there is one major left.

Do you agree ?
Kroah
Site Admin

Postby Kroah » 25 Mar 2008, 02:14

The game over message box has been added and the sound bug fixed in CoCoNetDebug (v0.9.5.32).
Kroah
Site Admin

Re: [Bug] Winning event

Postby Symoon » 14 Nov 2009, 11:41

Kroah wrote:
Symoon wrote:So, I wanted to try again and began a game with only neutral countries (yes, that's cheating) - surprise again: when the game began, I directly heared the winning music (and still no winning dialog box), without doing any move ! I don't know if it's the normal way to end, but I remember on the ST, when I began such games, that I did have to conquer all the territories before winning.

You're right, but i think it's better to stop the game when there is one major left.

Do you agree ?

I was surprised again yesterday of being the winner without having conquered all the neutral countries.
Mmmh, in a multiplayer purpose, you're quite right (other players don't care when there's only one player left).
But in a single player game, being alone in the world map allows experimentation (bribing populated countries and so on)...

I think I'll need a few multiplayer games that go until the end to have an opinion ;-)
Symoon
CoCoNet Beta Tester

Re: [Bug] Game over event

Postby Kroah » 15 Dec 2009, 15:56

The next release of CoCoNet (0.9.10) allows to play after someone wins:
- Each player has the choice to give up or not (he becomes a spectator if he gives up).
- The game doesn't stop if there's 1 player left either (spectators don't count as a player).
- A player having given up can now leave without interrupting the whole game.

Thank you for your suggestions!
Kroah
Site Admin

Return to CoCoNet Discussion