M.U.L.E. - Differences in player races?

Talk about everything related to general reverse engineering of computer games!

Moderator: Kroah

M.U.L.E. - Differences in player races?

Postby BigHeadZach » 30 Oct 2006, 07:25

The Flapper starts with more money, and the Humanoid has less time and money...has the deconstruction shown any details as to what the Packer, Bonzoid, Spheroid, Gollumer, and Leggite have as special abilities/detriments?
BigHeadZach

Postby xot » 30 Oct 2006, 18:45

The only differences between the races:

Flapper - starts with $1600, more time per turn.
Humanoid - starts with $600, less time per turn.
All others - $1000

Beginner level gives everyone a little extra time per turn.

The computer player starts with $1000, except in Tournament where it starts with $1200.

There are no other differences, except perhaps (not sure) for slight player-mountain collision differences due to differently shaped sprites. The shape of the player's sprite has no effect on Wampus catching.

http://bringerp.free.fr/RE/Mule/mule_do ... usCatching

You can find more details about how time is measured here:

http://bringerp.free.fr/RE/Mule/mule_do ... l#TimeUnit
http://bringerp.free.fr/RE/Mule/mule_do ... imeForTurn
xot

Postby Guest » 31 Oct 2006, 00:55

That's a shame. I'm a big fan of variable player powers. I was expecting Leggites to have faster movement, Bonzoids to not be slowed by terrain, Packers to have improved food production, Gollumers to have faster movement during land auctions, etc...

Postby xot » 31 Oct 2006, 05:27

Yeah. I still like to imagine that my Packer is going to be better at food production, or that the Bonzoid can cross mountains easier, or that the Spheroid can move faster (it certainly SOUNDS like he moves faster). It does seem a shame that the differences are not real. I'd like to play a version with some species specific bonuses. Keeping everyone the same probably made it much easier to balance the game.
xot

Postby Kroah » 01 Nov 2006, 03:15

Thank you Xot to sum up the differences between races, level and player type.

I'm afraid there aren't any other characteristics associated to them. But i dream every night i've missed something and gollumer is the best energy producter... :roll:

Maybe some day dream comes true :wink:

There are no other differences, except perhaps (not sure) for slight player-mountain collision differences due to differently shaped sprites. The shape of the player's sprite has no effect on Wampus catching.

You're alright. Mountain-Player collision detection is hardware, so the sprite can make some (very light) differences. I've found some sprites have a shape making it easier to catch the wampus (visual help to align the sprite with the dot), but it's personal :)

Greets,
Pascal
Kroah
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion