pattern error

Share your custom maps here!

Moderator: Kroah

pattern error

Postby mael15 » 02 Nov 2012, 16:26

hi kroah,
i have a bug to report. when you load the attached file, you see two occupied areas by the scythians (green with white arrow symbol). the background has the correct fill, but the pattern is still visible:
patternError.gif
patternError.gif (23.54 KiB) Viewed 4431 times

you can also see in the gif that the pattern gets in the way of the filling algorithm (some cyan border pixels).

apart from this, i have some questions about finetuning the maps in the xml file:
- what are SpecialAreas and SpecialSprites?
- i have 5 major players. at first, when i made the flags.gif with 5 units, the flags were distorted in the game. only when i added a sixth dummy flag, everything looked great. maybe less than 6 players need to be take into account when it comes to flags?
- please explain the whole xml "AI" group in the major element
- what use is the "DefaultArea"?
thanx!!!

ps: the editor is very usable, great work! :)
Attachments
Mediterranean Year One Pattern Error.zip
(69.43 KiB) Downloaded 344 times
mael15

Re: pattern error

Postby mael15 » 15 Jan 2013, 22:40

kroah, could you check this error out?
thanx!
mael15

Postby Christine » 16 Jan 2013, 19:37

erm.. I cant load the file. I dont think that this is a coconet-bug.
Christine

Postby Kroah » 22 Jan 2013, 01:08

mael15 wrote:kroah, could you check this error out?
thanx!

Yes, i will check your problem this week.
Kroah
Site Admin

Postby Kroah » 22 Jan 2013, 21:21

Christine wrote:erm.. I cant load the file. I dont think that this is a coconet-bug.

The file loads but you have to rename the zip "Mediterranean Year One.zip" or unzip in a folder called "Mediterranean Year One".
Kroah
Site Admin

Postby Kroah » 22 Jan 2013, 21:28

The border should not share the same color as a pattern color. In your case your border is #000000 and the "black" pattern color too.

I have fixed your map with :
- map.xml : <BorderColor>#010101</BorderColor>
- map.png : changed all #000000 pixels (border) to #010101

You could remove the "black" value in the pattern colors, but it's better to keep it.
You could also use "black01" in the pattern color instead of "black", but i'm used to use a border with #010101.

Mediterranean Year One.zip
(62.43 KiB) Downloaded 273 times

And thanks for your support.
Kroah
Site Admin

Postby mael15 » 22 Jan 2013, 22:09

aaaaah, looks good now, thanx!!
mael15

Postby Kroah » 23 Jan 2013, 17:55

mael15 wrote:- what are SpecialAreas?
When starting a new game, Colonial Conquest set some "weak" and "strong" areas.
By default, weak areas have between 2 and 9 men, strong ones between 10 and 399 men.
The <SpecialAreas> tag allows you to configure the number of weak and strong areas and the number of men for each of them (random numbers allowed).

mael15 wrote:- what are SpecialSprites?
Special sprites define the position and size of 3 special sprites (see special.png) :
- attacked area (id 0)
- conquered area (id 1)
- subversioned area (id 2)
I would not recommend changing the values (but you can change the gfx).

mael15 wrote:i have 5 major players. at first, when i made the flags.gif with 5 units, the flags were distorted in the game. only when i added a sixth dummy flag, everything looked great. maybe less than 6 players need to be take into account when it comes to flags?
I will try to reproduce this behavior.

mael15 wrote:please explain the whole xml "AI" group in the major element
Groups define the starting locations (areas and their values, which take precedence over the <DefaultArea> and <Area> tags).

If <CanChangeGroup> is set to True in the <Settings> tag, the majors can choose their starting locations (=group).
Vanilla scenarios do not allow you to play Russia at the starting location of Japan, but you could by changing this value.
The default group of a major is set by the <DefaultGroupId> of a major (which will be the definitive group if <CanChangeGroup> is set to False).

mael15 wrote:what use is the "DefaultArea"?
Default area set the default area values if no value is given in their <Area> tag.
As said above, values set in the <Area> tag take precedence other the ones set in the <DefaultArea> tag.
For example, this allows you to set a default "worth" value for the areas instead of setting 150 areas one by one with the same value.
Kroah
Site Admin

Return to Custom Maps